- I want a LiveCD without EULA clicking.
- Is Canonical mutilating Firefox beyond recognition? Probably not.
- Is Firefox abusing our community branding effort? Probably.
- Canonical might be feeling pressure from corporate customers (Dell) to keep the Firefox brand.
- Is pressure really so high that it won't allow for branding abrowser as "Firefox browsing technology improved" to non-geeks, while acknowledging to geeks it's basicly the same as before?
- Firefox dependencies (or any free software project for that matter) could theoretically start a trademark war. I'm quite confident they won't.
- I wish legal wouldn't equal trouble almost all of the time.
Monday, 15 September 2008
Random thoughts on the Firefox branding controversy: