Yes, what was I thinking...
* 20160915: ordered dsl line at dommel.be. They already had all my contact data and other permissions, so that administrative bit went quickly. It would turn out to be the only quick and easy bit... I tell them five times that this will be a new line that needs to be dug in because whatever there migh have been has disappeared during renovations.
* 201610??: First proximus technician visit. He returns home "There's no line here. My data says there was a line here."
* 20161021: an ->A<-DSL line gets delivered instead of VDSL. It seems something went wrong during the order process (possibly on my side?).
* 20161021: I agree to pay a 25€ "reduced" upgrade fee and immediately order an upgrade to VDSL.
* Nothing happens for two weeks...
* Nothin happens for three weeks...
* /me calls Dommel. Dommel: "You will have to wait until your payment for the upgrade has been processed." "But... you have direct debit permissions on my account since two years now?" "Yes, but our administrative system doesn't allow that..."
* The payment eventually clears. /me calls them. "Yes, this week or the next, we will be able to make an appointment with a technician..."
* Another three weeks pass. No news. I call them. "In two or three weeks, we will be able to make an appointment with a technician"
* A few days later, Dommel informs me a proximus technican will visit on December 22...
* 20161222: Another proximus technician visits and connects the VDSL2 line.
* 20161222: I triple check with Dommel by phone if everything will be fine, and what I should do. "Didn't you receive a USB stick with configuration in it?" "No?" "Oh!" "So what to do now?" "We'll send you the required settings by email..."
* 20161223: Back home, I immediately test the settings. DSL line syncs (70/20), but PPPoE times out... Phone call to the Dommel help line. "Wait for an hour or so, things will be fine..." Four more phone calls that afternoon later... Proximus technician scheduled to drop by between 8am and noon...20161227. Not sure what he or she will be able to do. Let's hope for the best..